Are you experiencing leaking with your Lydy? We understand how frustrating that can be, but don't worry! There are a few reasons why this might be happening:
- Make sure that your Lydy is completely dry before use. Any moisture can hinder its ability to seal efficiently.
- If your barista initially uses a plastic lid before switching to your Lydy, it can affect the seal. Any moisture on the rim can cause liquid to seep into the rings and pool with your drink.
- Ensure that the cup you're using is the right size for your Lydy. Our lids are designed to fit cups with diameters of 80mm or 90mm, so using a cup that is too large or small can result in imperfect sealing.
If you've tried these solutions and are still experiencing issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always here to help!
At Lydy, we understand how important it is for our customers to have the perfect fit for their cups. That's why we want to clarify that Lydy is designed to fit cups with diameters of either 80mm or 89-90mm. This generally includes standard takeaway cups in sizes such as 6oz, 8oz, 12oz, and 16oz, as well as glass and ceramic mugs.
However, we want to be transparent about some exceptions to this rule. Lydy is not designed to fit on Keepcups or large take-away cups branded with Allpress and some other branded take-away cups. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but we believe in honesty and accuracy when it comes to our product's capabilities.
We do however have a hack. Click here to view.
If you have any further questions about Lydy's sizing or compatibility, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always here to help!
Not all take-away cups are standard so here is a list of branded cups that we know don't fit Lydy:
-Some McDonalds depending on your location
-Allpress large cups
At Lydy, we designed our rotating spout cover to prevent splashing, but it's important to note that Lydy is not completely leak-proof. While the spout cover does an excellent job of minimizing splashing, it's possible for liquid to leak out if the cup is tilted or turned upside down.
It's important to remember that Lydy is intended to replace a standard lid that fits on your take-away cup. Our design provides a more sustainable option to reduce the amount of single-use plastic waste that ends up in our environment.
If you have any further questions or concerns about Lydy's features, please feel free to contact us. We're happy to provide more information to help you make an informed decision about your purchase.
Plastic lids are made from #6, which is polystyrene (PS) or styrofoam.
#6 is difficult to recycle and often lands up in landfill and or our oceans.
#6 is fragile as it breaks down easily. The easy deterioration of this plastic causes tiny pieces to land up on our beaches and oceans called microplastics.
These microplastics then land up being consumed by our marine life.
When heated, #6 can release toxic materials such as styrene, which can be absorbed in the digestive tract. This can cause health concerns when exposed to high volumes on a regular basis.
Lydy can last a long time with proper care. Keep away from fire and sharp objects. Lydy is dishwasher safe, but we recommend handwashing with soapy water. If you experience any issues with your Lydy, please contact us to discuss further. And as a general rule, please stop using Lydy at the first sign of damage.
Lydy is made from high-quality, 100% food grade silicone and RPET (recycled plastic). Unlike traditional plastic lids, which are made from non-renewable resources and can be harmful to the environment, silicone is a non-toxic, eco-friendly material that is made from sand. If you have any further questions about Lydy's materials or production process, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Refunds and Returns
We are all about reducing carbon footprint associated with delivery and handling but we also want to ensure you are using your Lydy. Choosing carefully and purchasing thoughtfully makes for less returns. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us to answer any queries you may have. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat function.
Measuring your cups is the best way to know if Lydy will fit.
Lydy is a food storage items, so we can only accept returns of unused or faulty products - in their original packaging, free from any damage and in a re-saleable condition. As Lydy currently is sealed with a sticker, please carefully remove the sticker because if the box is broken we will be unable to accept the return.
Please contact us within 7 days to let us know, then return the unused item to us within 14 days of receiving your order. If 14 days has passed since your order was delivered, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund for anything outside of a product fault.
Please note: you will just need to pay the shipping fees to deliver Lydy back to us as we do not offer free shipping.
If you are unsure of purchasing Lydy check out our stockist list, bring along your mug to test the size and have a feel.
I GOT THE WRONG ORDER OR IT IS FAULTY
For any faulty items that arrive damaged, please get in touch within 7 days of receiving the item. Photographic evidence and proof of purchase is required for returns of any faulty items.
If we sent you the wrong order contact us immediately and we will arrange a swap.
No refunds available on sale items for change of mind.
Once the order is processed your order will be shipped out the next business day. We use Australia Post which may take 3-7 days shipping time around Australia.
Order Processing Time: Please allow up to 1 to 2 days for your order to be processed, prepared, and dispatched. Once your order is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email containing a tracking number.
Order Confirmation and Tracking:
Once your order is shipped, you will receive a confirmation email from us. This email will also include a tracking number that you can use to monitor the progress of your parcel.
Parcel Tracking and Potential Delays:
Kindly keep an eye on your tracking information, as there might be instances where your parcel encounters delays at customs or at your local post office. While such delays are rare, they can occur and are often beyond our control.
International shipping is taking approximately 2 weeks depending on your location.
If your order remains unclaimed at your local post office for more than a week, it will be returned to our facilities in Australia. We kindly ask you to stay attentive to your tracking updates to prevent this situation.
Resending Unclaimed Parcels:
Should your order be returned to us due to non-claim, please note that all costs associated with resending the parcel will be chargeable to you, the customer. We recommend reaching out to our customer support team if you require assistance in resending the parcel.
Refund Policy for Unclaimed Parcels:
If you opt for a refund for an unclaimed parcel, please be aware that the original shipping fees will not be refunded. We value transparency in all transactions and want you to be fully informed about this aspect of our refund policy.
Customs and Duties:
Please be aware that for international orders, some countries may impose customs fees, import duties, taxes, or other charges. These fees are not included in the item price or shipping cost at checkout. They are the responsibility of the recipient and are collected by the customs authority upon delivery. To find out more about potential charges in your country, we recommend contacting your local customs office.
Lydy was born in Sydney and made overseas.
We tried our very best to find manufacturers in Australia but couldn't find anyone that could source the silicone within a short period. At the time there was a shortage of silicone to Australia.
At the end of Lydy's lifecycle, the silicone and RPET materials used in its construction can be recycled. One option for recycling is through the company Terracycle, which accepts these materials for processing. Lydy is made from high-quality, 100% food grade silicone and RPET (recycled plastic). Unlike traditional plastic lids, which are made from non-renewable resources and can be harmful to the environment, silicone is a non-toxic, eco-friendly material that is made from sand.
If you need help or more information on how to recycle your Lydy, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
- Tracking Number: The first step is to check the tracking number that was sent to you when your order was dispatched. This number allows you to monitor the progress of your shipment in real-time. Sometimes, there may be a delay in the tracking information updating, so we recommend waiting for a few days and checking back for the latest status.
- Address Verification: Please ensure that the shipping address you provided during the checkout process is correct and up-to-date. Inaccurate or incomplete address details could lead to delivery issues or returned packages. If you suspect there might be an address problem, please reach out to our customer support team immediately to correct the address on file.
- Customs Clearance: For international orders, customs procedures can sometimes cause delays. Shipments crossing international borders are subject to customs inspections and regulations, which may vary from country to country. Unfortunately, these processes are beyond our control, but we do our best to provide all necessary documentation to expedite clearance. Please contact your postal service directly in your country and provide your tracking number.
- International Postage Delays: International shipments can experience delays due to various factors, such as customs, weather conditions, or transportation disruptions. While we strive to use reliable shipping methods, these external factors can occasionally impact delivery times. On average international deliveries are taking 2 weeks.
Please contact us with your order number if you require further assistance. email@example.com